Zeng, xiaomao, Ph.D.
Professor of CIB, CAS
Phone Number: +86-028-85241980
Fax Number: +86-028-85222753
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
(1) Phylogenetic systematic studies of Asian hynobiid salamanders.
(2) Amphibian biogeography, population structure and speciation, population genetic diversity.
(3) Choose amphibians, which represent the transition state in the evolution from water to land, as the research object to study adaptive evolution of the functional gene and gene family, and eventually explore the evolutionary trace and seek the driving force underlying the evolutionary divergence and bias.
(4) Study the sex determination of amphibian on chromosome and gene level, focusing differences in sex chromosome morphology and genes in the same or related species, and hope to explore the possibly evolutionary process of sex chromosomes as well as sex.
Selected Research Articles
- Wei Gang, Xiong Jian-Li, Hou Mian, Zeng Xiao-Mao*. A new species of hynobiid salamander (Urodela: Hynobiidae: Pseudohynobius) from Southwestern China. Zootaxa, 2009, 2149:62-68.
- Qing Li-Yan, Wang Yi-Ding, Zeng Xiao-Mao*, Chen Qin¬, Hou Mian. The karyotype of Hynobius maoershanensis (Urodela: Hynobiidae), a newly described species with rare banding patterns. Herpetological Journal, 2008, 18:129-135(7).
- Zheng Yu-Chi, Fu Jinzhong, Li Shu-Qiang. Toward understanding the distribution of Laurasian frogs: A test of Savage’s biogeographical hypothesis using the genus Bombina. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 2009, 52, 70–83.
- Fu Jinzhong, Zeng Xiao-Mao. How many species are in the genus Batrachuperus? A phylogeographic analysis of the stream salamanders (Family Hynobiidae) from southwestern China. Molecular Ecology, 2008, 17, 1469–1488.
- Zheng Yu-Chi, Li Shu-Qiang, Fu Jinzhong. A phylogenetic analysis of the frog genera Vibrissaphora and Leptobrachium, and the correlated evolution of nuptial spine and reversed sexual size dimorphism. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 2008, 46, 695–707.
- Xiong Jian-Li, Qin Chen, Zeng Xiao-Mao*, Zhao Er-Mi*, Qing Li-Yan. Karyotypic, Morphological, and Molecular Evidence for Hynobius yunanicus as a Synonym of Pachyhynobius shangchengensis (Urodela: Hynobiidae). Journal of Herpetology, 2007, 41(4):663-670.
- Zheng Yu-Chi, Fu Jinzhong. Making a doughnut-shaped egg mass: Oviposition behaviour of Vibrissaphora boringiae (Anura: Megophryidae). Amphibia-Reptilia, 2007, 28, 309–311.
- Zeng Xiao-Mao, Fu Jinzhong, Chen Li-Qiao, Tian Ying-Zhou, Chen Xiao-Hong. Cryptic species and systematics of the hynobiid salamanders of the Liua - Pseudohynobius complex: Molecular and phylogenetic perspectives. Biochemical Systematics and Ecology, 2006, 34:467-477.
- Fu Jinzhong, Cameron J. Weadick, Zeng Xiao-Mao, Wang Yue-Zhao, Liu Zhi-Jun, Zheng Yu-Chi, Li Cheng, Hu Ying. Phylogeographic analysis of the Bufo gargarizans species complex: A revisit. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 2005, 37:202-213.
- Zeng Xiao-Mao, Fu Jinzhong. Low genetic diversity in Chinese Hynobius leechii, with comments on the validity of Hynobius mantchuricus. Amphibia-Reptilia, 2004, 25: 119-122.